Thelift.site – The automation system facilitates activities in large houses, one of which is the existence of an elevator/lift. And the existence of an elevator is not only needed in industrial areas such as supermarkets or apartment, but this can be applied in a house.
Of course, the presence of automation technology greatly facilitates one’s activities at home. One of the automation that has begun to exist in many homes is the elevator.
You can make an elevator using an electric actuator independently at home. The electric actuator itself is a mechanical device that is able to move an object and is assisted by electricity. This device is widely used in automation equipment, so it is suitable for making elevators at home.
Elevators function as a means of moving people / goods from one floor to another. The size of the elevator varies, there are those that fit 2-6 people and even more. The existence of an elevator at home certainly makes it easier for you when you have to move to another floor without having to spend a lot of energy. Likewise, when you have to move goods, it can be easier even though the amount is quite large and heavy.
Elevators are also important for people who are old and have difficulty walking and for children. They will find it easier to get to other floors without having to struggle. As for children, they do not need to use stairs that can be dangerous if parents do not take good care of them.
The importance of the elevator in the house certainly makes many people want to make it independently. Then how to make the elevator?
Making an elevator in the house is not so difficult, you only need a few equipment. For the design and scheme, you may be able to adjust to your wants and needs. There are many good designs that you can find through the internet. The tools you need to build an elevator include:
- Electric saw
- Electric drill
- Iron frame
Here are the steps in making an elevator
- First, you need to know what kind of design and size you need. Do you need a large elevator so you can load a lot, or a small elevator for faster mobility?
- Prepare all materials and equipment, make sure when making the elevator the equipment is already available properly
- Make the size of the elevator frame according to the design and scheme you need
- Elevator manufacturing can start from the frame. Make the frame with steel panels, or you can even buy a ready-made frame to speed up the manufacturing process.
- The cabin can be made using a variety of materials. Make it according to your taste and needs. But make sure the materials are strong, sturdy, and durable to ensure safety when the elevator is in use.
- Create a pathway for your elevator. This will depend on the number of floors in your house. If you have a basement, you can also make a path from there too. But this also adjusts to your needs.
- Build the control panel.
- Connect the linear actuator to the elevator construction that you have built. You need to get the actuator connected properly, so that the mechanical system of the elevator can work properly.
- Check the devices, construction, controls, and systems you’ve built for errors.
- Connect to the mains and test gradually and periodically until the elevator can be safely used.